selenium toned silver gelatin print
Located in the heart of Citta Vecchia
(the oldest part of the city), this alley was a source entertainment during my 2007 and 2008 visits to Gravina. The vacant apartment to the right seemed to house a limitless amount of cats. When I set up my camera, only one remained to watch (sitting just to the left of the empty doorway).
The shed in the center of the frame had been demolished when I visited Gravina in 2011.
Photographed using a Graflex Crown Graphic 4x5 camera and Kodak Ektar 127mm f/4.5 lens. Image printed on Kentmere fiber-based paper.Accolades:
- 2013 Exhibitor, Night Exhibition. Lens/cratch: Fine Art Photography Daily. on-line exhibition
- 2010 Contributor, B&W: 2010 Portfolio (Travel/People/Places category)
- 2009 Exhibitor, Paducah Photo '09. Yeiser Art Center, Paducah, KY. Juror: Antonio Martinez.
- Smithson A (ed.). October 2013. Lens/cratch: Fine Art Photography Daily, "Night Exhibit". on-line
- B&W. 2010. 2010 Portfolio Contest: Travel/People/Places Category. on-line